6/11/15

This is the leaf I demonstrated (rather quickly).  The right half is more complete than the left half.  The right side has more layers and has become burnished.

This is the melted colored pencil background.  I have of course worked on the bird.  I started in the darks layering some color before using black.  I had erased the white part of the head and added yellow and white as well as some shadow.  I layered color and value on the beaks and barely started the body.  On the body remember to follow the contour of the body and feathers. I also started on the water (it needs more of course).  Make horizontal strokes on water.  Vary dark and light shapes.  Remember I also added some dark water behind the pelican's head.  I may add more at some point, but it is a good start making the value change at the head have more contrast.

This is the watercolor background.  I barely started adding some color and value.

This is a different strawberry from the one I did before in class (it was from a presentation).  I used it to show how to darken the leaves and how to pop in the whites to make the strawberry shiny.  It of course needs more work  - refining, values, details.