6/18/15

Exploring Abstraction (May and June 2015)

I have added a few more skins.  This will need a lot more composition work through either adding more skins or painting.

I wet and painted this caulk painting.  Parts of it will need to be glued (since it was not pressed into the paper).

I continued work on the composition.  

I added more traced tape roll shapes and painted them.  It's coming along and is interesting.

Mono print.  This was made using plexi glass.  I put paint on plexi and pressed the paper over the paint, moving it a bit to make textures (you can see through to see the textures you are making).

Ripped mtape painting.  I used ripped pieces of tape to create paint resisted textured areas on the painting.

I added another layer of rubber cement and paint and then removed the rubber cement.

Tape painting.  I used tape to make lines and shapes on the painting.   

I did a little more pen work on this painting.