6/4/15

Colored Pencil Exploration (May & June 2015)

This is a colored pencil background on hot press watercolor paper with a solvent used to melt and spread the colored pencil.  I used the side of the pencil and added yellow with blue on top.  I shaded horizontally because it's water.  I then used Goo Gone Gel as my solvent.  I applied it with a brush over the colored pencil to melt the wax and to spread the color.

This is a watercolor background on hot press watercolor paper.  I wet the paper and applied the watercolor horizontally (this is wise when painting water).  I have transferred the drawing and have added a little white and yellow to the head.
This is the acrylic painting split into 5 sections so I could paint the 5 grounds/gesso .  From left to right - Winsor & Newton Clear Gesso, Liquitex Clear Gesso , Colourfix Clear, Golden's Acrylic Ground for Pastel, Daniel Smith Transparent Watercolor Ground.  I have added a little pencil in a few arwas (blue and yellow) as well as some blue and red watercolor over acrylic on the right in the watercolor ground section.