6/18/15

Colored Pencil Exploration (May and June 2015)

Colored pencil on tinted and sanded pastel paper (we used Colourfix).  I started with white and put in the light areas and the highlights.  I then used the light peach and added the skin tones.  I used a red brown and a brown for the shadows.  BTW, the eyes and mouth and the ear have issues (the eyes are turned differently and the mouth is to the left too far, the ear is too fat at the top - all need fixing).  I drew some of the lines in the scarf with white.  Then I shaded the light areas with white and the dark with blue (careful with the blue).  I then did red over the entire thing and added some yellow to warm it.  The ponytail I just put the colors underneath, need to add the hairs.  I started blocking in the clothes.  It has more work of course.

Colored pencil over a melted colored pencil background.  I worked on the feathers on the back layering some color and values.