6/4/15

Mixed Media, Burlington Artist League (June 2015)

Acrylic - excess paint - I did this at the very end of class.  I had excess acrylic paint on my palette which would just dry and be unusable, so I wet a piece of paper and dumped the paint on and let it run and spread.  I can use this as a background, the start of a painting, or an abstract painting.

Acrylic on mixed media paper - I mixed an orange color and painted the bowls and jug.  I used the green I had as well as a brown and the orange to paint the background and table.  This will give me some color that may show through at the end.

Pen & Ink on bristol board (vellum) - First I wet the background and dropped in ink.  Next I did some pen & ink shading on some berries and leaves.  I also did one berry with an ink wash.

These are the various drawing techniques for ink (and pens and pencils too).

This is what india ink looks like dropped full strength onto wet bristol board. as well as top right what ink looks like on dry paper wet on one end.

This is the leaf with the 4 colors - after the yellow, red, and blue have been added separately and then another few passes with all 3 colors as needed and a little white in a few small areas.  I have not pressed hard yet.  I have used the side of the pencil