1/30/18

DAC CP Jan & Feb. 2018

I added more color to the skin around the eye, worked on warming some of the shadow areas (I used white and then scarlet lake and terra cotta to do this).  I continued to refine and add darks and lights.

I worked mostly on the shadows under the grapes.  I went over them with white and then a very light version of pomegranate and a little black grape in some darker areas.  Still have 3 unfinished grapes and an unfinished branch...

I used white on the head areas and added highlights and then went over the area with scarlet lake to warm it and later added a little spanish orange to the front to add warmth and a glow.  On the feathers I added more white and a little more color and then used black to add shadows.  He is close to complete, but needs a little more refining and detailing.

I shaded this with white first.  I applied the white carefully on the front (as this is the area that will be the center of interest). I applied the white less carefully on the back side - I completely covered the area and erased darks and used white to add lighter areas.  The hair is made of scribbles. 

I covered the entire head scarf with true blue as well as her hair (front and back).  Choose any color you wish for this part as the color of the scarf does not need to be blue.  I then shaded the face with terra cotta first.  hen I used black grape on some of the darkest areas.  I used scarlet lake to add some warm medium and dark areas and spanish orange to add warm to some light areas.  This is now the under drawing that we will work on.