1/12/18

DAC Colored Pencil January and February 2018

Colored Pencil on Strathmore Toned gray paper.  I started with white focusing on the highlights.  I then worked with black lightly applying the darks.  Do not add too much black in areas that will have color over the top.  This project focus is values.  We start with an under drawing of the values and add color on top.

Colored Pencil on UART sanded pastel paper. I started with Canary yellow and shaded it over the entire subject and shadows.  Then I used Pomegranate (or Crimson Lake) to shade the grapes.  Pay attention to the values and highlights.  I then lifted the highlights and put white into the areas.  I also put a little pomegranate on the stem shadow side and a light layer of pomegranate in the shadow area.  This project focuses on a start with color and we will build the values as well.