1/17/18

DAC CP Jan. and Feb. 2018

I started with peach and covered all but the eyeball with peach.  I then added terra cotta in the shadows.  I did more white in the light areas.  I added true blue, canary yellow and spanish orange in the iris,  I used orange and scarlet lake to warm up and add glow to a few areas.  I used indigo in the dark blue areas on the eye.  I have the foundation down now and will show how to refine areas next week in class.

I finished all but one grape with the pomegranate.  This is how it looked before class.

I worked on one grape for demonstration purposes.  Normally I work on the entire piece and build it all up together.  I used pomegranate, scarlet lake, cadmium orange, black grape, white.  First I laid down some more color with scarlet lake and some orange and black grape and then went over the entire grape with white (this smooths and blends).  I then layered more color as needed over the entire grape.   The next step will be to refine and adjust it (will show in class). I also need to add more color to the shadow (but it has been blended/burnished with white).