2/1/18

BAL Watercolor January 2018

I am still in the process of refining this piece.  I added shadows to the magnolia petals.  I have added shadows, scrubbed out some highlights, and added details to the top left leaf.  I will do this to the rest of the leaves as well.  I will be more detailed on the front leaves and less so on the back leaves.  On the top background (above the flower) I added a glaze of reddish purple that I plan to put on the entire background.  

I used negative painting behind the leaves and flowers to "carve" them out from the painting.  I have started to add darks, details and shadows.  I have scrubbed out some highlights.  There is a lot left to do, but it is getting on the way finally.

This is the painting of the woman, it's done (just kidding...).  I wet the paper and dropped in color paying attention to the drawing and light and dark areas.  This is the under painting. I will demonstrate painting her next class