1/24/18

DAC CP Jan. and Feb. 2018

I started refining and adding details, color and value on the eyeball (still need to work on the surrounding skin).  I added some eyelashes with both white and black and dark brown/black grape.  I still needs a little more work and refining.

I demonstrated using a stiff brush to bend the colors on the sanded pastel paper.  I added more darks and highlights and worked on the stem and shadows.  Everything still needs work.  

I worked on the back paper with a white pencil laying in the light values (opposite of what we usually do in drawing....).  This is important to do on black in order to get bright color.

I started adding the color.  I used scarlet lake and pomegranate on the head, and blues, greens, and warm yellow on the feathers and yellow and orange on the beak.  This is what i consider the under drawing.  Everything must be refined and detailed as well as the values being enhanced.