1/29/18

Sertoma CW Jan. & Feb. 2018

I added the rest of the blue for the mountains.  I worked most on the bottom half of the painting.  I started dividing the grass areas and added dark to the bottom glass and the path/road. There is a lot more work to do, but this is a good base.

This is a monochromatic painting or a value painting.  We will use one color and it's values to make a painting.  I started by dampening the face, dropping color into the dark areas and then I guided it around into the lighter areas.  I used Indanthrone Blue.  Any dark color will work.

I finished more petals and demonstrated adding the darks/shadows.  I talked about values today - the lights and darks and how important they are.  I also demonstrated adding darks around the subject to pop it forward.  I need to add color and value to unfinished areas and then refine and detail.