1/12/18

BAL Watercolor JF 2018

Pouring.  We started with pouring as the under painting. I transferred the drawing and masked small sections of white on the flower for the first round.  I poured with green, yellow and a little orange.  After this dried I masked a few more areas on the flower petals and the veins on the leaves.  I poured again with the same colors.  I used a paper towel to lift from the leaf highlights (press the paper towel onto the leaves where the highlights are).


I wet the paper and dropped in color.  I lifted with a dried brush on the edge of the hat to make a highlight.
 This is a photo taken with my phone in class - the lighting and color are off.

After the first pass was dry, I then painted orange, brown and yellow in the centers of the sunflowers and added salt.  I mixed the orange (warm red and warm yellow) and the brown (either 3 primaries that lean toward red and yellow OR orange with a little blue).  I then painted a darker blue in the background and added salt. Add salt when the paper is wet and shiny but not a puddle.