10/28/15

Sertoma Mixed Media (October, November, December 2015)

I added more dark and more light on the dragonfly with the pens.  Values, values, values.


This is the second pass of rubber cement and watercolor.

This started with an under painting in watercolor.  I have worked on the top section with colored pencil (scarlet lake, crimson, pomegranate, canary yellow, white, indigo) 

This is the Plexiglas project.  The front has Liquitex Clear Gesso (there is a small L in the corner).  The back has Daniel Smith Transparent Watercolor Ground.  To apply the grounds/gesso I lightly sanded the plexi on both sides.  I wiped off the dust and used a brush to apply a thin layer of the ground/gesso.  A foam roller could also be used.  I let them dry for 72 hours (24 will work, 72 is better).  To start, I traced the drawing with pencil (I placed the drawing under the plexi with the Liquitex side facing up and traced with a #2 pencil).  I have used Sienna Brown and barely started shading the shadowed areas.  I added some white in the highlight areas as well.