10/8/15

BAL MM (October 2015)

I started adding black and white ink to the dragonfly.  I am scribbling/scumbling and using some pointillism.  I will do some of the detail, as needed.  But I have no plans to do every single line in the wings.

I started adding colored pencil to the watercolor.  I worked on the bud and the leaf as well as the background to the left of the bud.  Remember, I worked in small areas for demonstration purposes, but I would normally work on the entire piece and building it up together.  I used a light green, dark green, yellow, dark blue, and red colored pencil.  On the bud I added no more watercolor.  On the leaf I added a yellow glaze before starting with the colored pencil.

This is on the Stonehenge white paper.  On the left I used watercolor pencils for an under drawing (2 reds and 2 yellows so far).  Then I switched to the wax pencils using 1 red, 1 yellow, and white so far.  On the right I started with watercolor doing an under painting ( 2 reds and 1 yellow).