10/28/15

Continuing Watercolor (October, November, December 2015)

I added some detail and dark values to the horse and corrected some issues (and made some new ones that need correcting...).  I added shadow to the snow and texture and vegetation to the background woods area.  I then used white gouache to fix and change a few areas on the horse and the background.


This is a yupo example from another class.  I used it to show how to add darks back in, by dabbing/pouncing them in.  I also changed the background with the blue and some of the blue now needs to be added to the left side.

This is a half sheet 300 lb. paper taped to a board to keep it flat.  I transferred the drawing and masked the fish as well as used masking fluid to make some water texture marks.  I rubbed the masking on small spots on two of the fish to allow dark to get through to make spots on the fish.  I then poured paint.  I mixed 2 greens, 2 blues, and a yellow.  I also splattered some paint as well.  The next step is to mask again before a second pouring.