10/1/15

Continuing Watercolor (A, S, O 2015)

This is right after the masking was removed.

I have started to add shadows to the formerly masked areas and to get these sections to be part of the painting (rather than appearing as if glued on).  I have broken up white flower shapes that are too large and glazed others.  I have started to add more darks, details, and textures.

I worked a little more on his head, comb, and waddle.

I have added a dark to the background.  Some background parts dried too light, which I expected.  I plan to add more dark shapes.  I need to "re-attach" the flower (as expected it looks pasted on after adding the dark).  there is more work to be done in the buds, leaves, and flower as well (needs darks).

Transferred and masked the dog before pouring.

Poured premixed red and yellow and then masked a second layer.  Poured again with yellow and red and also poured blue (allow it to dry between steps).  I did use a paint brush a little to help move paint as the masking creates damns of color.  I may mask at least one more layer.