10/24/15

Continuing Watercolor (October, November, December 2015)

Transferred drawing, masking to save the whites, and splattered masking for snow (applied with a toothbrush).  After the masking dried I did a pass of blue-gray wash

I did 2 more passes of blue-gray. Then I painted the horse and started adding some brown and trees in the background.  This is enough for the masking to be removed.

I have removed the masking.  Lots more work is needed.

This is watercolor on yupo.  I applied a dark blue and rose to the yupo and allowed it to dry.  I did a medium dark valued color.  Then I transferred the drawing with white transfer paper.  Next I used a damp brush and paper towel to start removing some of the color to create values and form.  I added some pink to the glasses.  There is still a lot to do, but it is a good start (need to finish the face so it does not look freaky...).  I will demo more in class.