2/3/20

DAC MM Jan & Feb 2020

I worked a bit more in the water.

In between class I started working in ink and worked on an eye and some skin. 

This was taken after class, after the demonstrations of ink on the jacket and adding colored pencil over the ink (I used white and blue as well as black colored pencil) and after demonstrating the eye, skin, and hair.  There are issues with the eyes and lips (I did not follow the drawing lines as closely as I should have...)

I re-transferred the drawing lines to determine the areas of issues and then re-worked those areas (I did not follow all the lines as suspected).  Sometimes, especially on textured backgrounds, I lose sight of lines or read some lines incorrectly.  There is more to demonstrate in class Thursday.

In between classes I shaded some watercolor pencil under the truck.  I used black (and will add other colors with colored pencil into the black)

In between classes I wet the pencil I had shaded and painted it under the truck. 

I did a demonstration of the watercolor pencil shadows and adding colored pencil into those shadows.  I also demonstrated adjusting the background color and adding form and texture to the truck using white, reddish brown (terra cotta or sienna brown), slate blue, dark brown.  There is more to do.