2/5/20

Sertoma CW Jan & Feb 2020

I added more dark to the background (still more to add).  I wet a larger area, larger than the part I am darkening, and then drop in the dark color.  I dampened and added red to the background red grape.  While the grape was still wet, I added blue on one side and yellow on the other to make it more interesting.  I worked on the front green grape adding some yellow and dark green as well as some red.  I used white gouache to fix edges

First I used a mixed skin color (warm red, cool red, warm yellow with a tiny touch of green blue) and started adding shadows to his face and neck and ear.  I even added skin color to the left side teeth.  I have some darker shadows to add, but wanted to get the background, sunglasses, and hair started before doing so.  I dampened the bricks (about 4-6 at a time) and added a dark red color (warm red, cool red, and green blue plus some warm yellow).  I added this to the dampened bricks along with the colors used to make the dark red.  I dampened his hair, glasses and beard so the color would bleed into those areas and I also added some color into those areas.I dampened his t-shirt and added the blue and dark red color.  I plan to run water over the background to soften the lines in the background.  I will probably add more color as I do this.  I plan to do this before class so it will be dry in the next class.  I will post again after it's done.