2/20/20

BAL CP&MM Feb. 2020

I finished the pen & ink on the bottom turtle before class.  If this were not a demonstration I would finish the pen & ink before adding colored pencil.  I added more colored pencil on the top turtle working with white, spanish orange, canary yellow, cream, terra cotta, black cherry, black 
I worked on the leaves using olive green, spanish orange, terra cotta, and white.  I added some dark brown to the branch.
I shaded on some color with watercolor pencils.  I used greens in the background; orange, red, and yellow plus a little green in the face; browns, blue, orange, red, and green in the hair.  I wet the paint all over and let it mix some.  Then I used a bunch of color and did the sanding with some water spritzing.  After it was dry I started using white to gently shade the face and a little in the hair.  
I worked on the stem using chartreuse, spanish orange, pomegranate, white, and olive green.  I made a gentle transition from the darker green to the brighter green.  I added some more red, both the warm and cool red, to the left red grape.  I added more white as well.