2/14/20

BAL CP&MM Feb. 2020

I started this with a black and white pen. If this were not a demonstration, I would completely finish the ink portion before starting the colored pencil.   Sometimes when I finish the ink I decide not to add colored pencil because it looks great as is.  I started the pencil on the top turtle.  I used white, cream, canary yellow, black cherry, black grape, and terra cotta (or sienna brown) so far.  It needs more work of course.  Substitute colors are absolutely fine.  For the dark you can use indigo and dark brown instead of black grape and black cherry for example.

This started with white.  I have added 70% cool grey, Copenhagen blue (or cobalt blue hue or denim blue), indanthrone blue (or indigo blue), true blue, violet, and black.  In the background I started shading chartreuse and Spanish orange.  I made the pencil strokes go in the direction of the feather textures.

I worked more on the left red grape using more red to deepen the color.  I will demo a grape or two and the stem and background next class