8/20/19

Sertoma CW August and September 2019

I added a glaze to the ear to warm it up.  I mixed a very thinned orange brown color and painted it on the dry ear.  I started adding shadows with a mixed gray.  The gray was made from the same colors as the brown, I just leaned it toward blue.  I used warm red, warm yellow and green blue (for me that's Daniel Smith pyrrol scarlet, permanent yellow deep and phthao blue green shade).  I also added shadows to shape the nose and started working on the eye and collar.  I am working in layers from light to dark.
I started adding shadows to the branch to give it form.  I also demonstrated adding some darker areas to the background so highlights and a leaf show up (negative painting).  Remember  - wet the paper far beyond the areas where you will be adding any color to avoid hard lines on the edges.  I dampened the pears and added a light wash of green/  After that was dry I dampened the pear and added some red.  I added green and brown to the small leaf area working wet on dry and using a mostly dry brush to move the color.