3/27/18

Sertoma CW March & April 2018

I finished darkening the background and worked on some of the leaves and a little on the petals.  Still has a ways to go.

Worked around the eyes and head.  need to work on the background and tree limb and the body of the owl as well.

This is the first pass.  It was done wet on dry with VERY light color.  That means lots of water and a little pigment.  I used a warm yellow, warm red and a turquoise ( a mix of phthalo blue and aureolin yellow leaning towards the blue).  This is a very bad photo taken with my phone under poor lighting. 

You can see the first pass of color better in this photo.  I mixed a brown (3 primaries leaned towards the red and yellow).  I started painting the values on the face and added texture into the hair.  I also did a light wash of brown onto er arm near the shoulder.  I will continue on her face and start the hands and arms next class as well as the scarf.