3/19/18

Sertoma CW March and April 2018

I added shadows to the petals and scrubbed out some whites.  Normally I would wait until the end to scrub, but for demo purposes I did this now.  On the right side there is a petal with green leaking into the petal.  Once scrubbed any paint added next to the scrubbed area will leak into the scrubbed area.  I will need to re scrub the area.  I added red brown to the middle stem part.  Later I added shadows (need to finish the area).  I added some green and brown to the leaves that were not done.  I then added a few layers of darker green to the front leaf to start giving it shape and form.  I wet the top area and added a dark in a textured pattern to pop the white flower forward.  I need to also add this dark below the flower as well.  Remember - I work on finishing little areas all around a demo painting, but when I work at home I work all over the entire painting moving it toward completion. 

I added more darks, textures and detail to the owl.  This is done mostly by "scribbling" with the paint.  I also worked a little on the branch, it still needs darks.  And I need to decide about the background...