3/9/18

Art & Ale Acrylic March 2018

Acrylic on a 16 x 20 canvas panel.  The first thing we did was to make a background on the blank canvas.  I used warm yellow and a warm red.  I added water and let the color run down the canvas (it was held up at an angle).  I kept adding color and letting it run.  After it was dry I transferred the drawing.  On the left side you can see the original background.  On the right side you can see the background with a blue glaze.  The leaf on the right you can see a green glaze.  I painted white on the petals at the top - 2 passes with the white on the front petal.  I then painted green to the leaf on the left painting around the middle vein and lifting the highlight on the right.

Acrylic on an 11 x 14 canvas panel.  I used a green and an ultramarine blue.  I added water and painted these on the canvas panel.  I used plastic wrap to make the texture.   Lay the plastic wrap on the wet paint and scrunch it getting shapes that you like.  Where the plastic touches will dry darker and where the air is trapped will dry lighter, this makes the textured look.  The next step is to transfer the rooster and then do some glazes - we will do the glazes next class.