3/8/18

BAL CP March 2018

Triad Color Wheel.  Colors from top clockwise - Canary Yellow, Canary Yellow + Peacock Blue, Peacock Blue, Carmine Red + Peacock Blue, Carmine Red,  Canary Yellow + Carmine Red.  I put these on very lightly.  I layered yellow first for green and orange and I layered the red first for purple.  If  you substitute any colors use those colors for this color wheel.  Remember that colors as you see them on the computer are not typically correct.

Three pencil primary color project on white paper.  I am using Carmine Red, Canary Yellow and Peacock Blue (other colors can be substituted and will work just fine).  The leaf was done with yellow over the entire leaf, lightly.  Then I added peacock blue, lightly, in specific areas. I then added a little carmine red, lightly.  I used carmine red on the petal, lightly, paying attention to values as I added the color.  This first pass is all light and we will layer to reach the colors and values we want in the end.

Using a solvent with colored pencil.  I used grass green, olive green, canary yellow, carmine red, burnt ochre on the frog so far.  The shadow on the ground has true blue and peacock blue as well as a little carmine red.  I added the colors in layers and then used Goo Gone to melt the pencils.  This is an under drawing.