3/15/18

Sertoma CW March and April 2018

Six color, warm/cool, color mixing color wheel.  For this one I used Scarlet Lake (WR), Pomegranate (CR), Spanish Orange (WY), Yellow Chartreuse (CY), Peacock Blue (Green Blue), Indigo Blue (Purple Blue)

Using a solvent with colored pencil. I did a second layer of pencil and melting with a solvent.  I then started on the front of the frog with colored pencil (I plan to use no more solvent).  I used Grass Green, Scarlet Lake, Black, Canary Yellow, White on the front of the frogs face.  I am adding details and textures as well as values (lights and darks).  It is a start.  I also added white to the front part of the shadow area.  It also needs the blue toned down.

Three pencil primary color project on white paper.  I am using Carmine Red, Canary Yellow and Peacock Blue.  Using the same 3 colors, I added a few more layers, building them up slowly.  You can see the different levels of layers in the 3 leaves.   Remember, lifting and erasing are useful drawing tools at your disposal.