3/16/18

Art & Ale Acrylic March 2018

Continuing to add color, value and detail to the flower. I added more white to the petals and green to the leaves.  I painted brown on the middle stem part and used white, a darker brown and some black to add highlights and shadows. I will continue with the detail on the stem, petals, and leaves next class.

I glazed the background with yellow.  This toned the texture down a little.  I added white and then red to the red parts of the rooster so that the red would not mix visually with the green (and look more reddish brown or gray).  The next step in class will be to paint values and details on the red parts.  I painted black, transparently, on the rooster feathers.  I will add more black as well as some color and highlights and details in the next class.