3/20/18

NCBG Gouache March & April 2018

Gouache over a local color watercolor painting.  This painting started with local color painted in a flat manner on the subject.  The background was added by wetting the background and dropping in color (yellow green, blue green, mixed black, splattered yellow, green and red).  After that dried I used white gouache to start adding highlights and darker watercolor to add the shadows.  This is the beginning of the painting. We will make several passes refining the values and details as we go. 

Dark watercolor background for a gouache painting.  I wet the paper and dropped in the dark I mixed as well as the colors used to make them.  I splattered as well.  I used a mixture of Indanthrone + Quinacridone Gold.  You can make a flat dark painting or a textured dark painting -up to you.