10/4/16

NCBG IEW October 2016 IEW

Wet-on-wet painting.  I started with he background.  I wet the background (very wet) , dropped in color, allowed them to move and mingle.  The paper can be slightly tilted to aid in the process.  The first pass on the background can be seen in the upper right.  

The second passes on the background, there are two on this painting.  The upper left is a mixed dark (pthalo green and alizarin).  I painted this over the color already there allowing some of it to show through.  It needs a glaze or two still.  The bottom is glazed with blue and some spots of red.

I painted the leaves with light green colors, I made various mixtures of a blue and yellow (I used a blue that leans towards green and a yellow that leans towards green to make the mixtures so the color green would be bright). I loosely painted the various greens.  

The leaf on the bottom middle has a second pass.  I left spaces for veins and to create highlights.

I painted a light yellow green on the bottom petals and a reddish purple on the top petals.  I made a second pass starting to add shadows and some details on the petals.