10/13/16

CW Sertoma October and November 2016

Worked on this upright, wet-on-dry.  I started at the top using very light color and a loaded brush.  I kept a drip on the leading edges. I used prussian blue and lemon yellow and made mixtures leaning from very yellow green to green to blue green.  I covered the background and leaves.  I left the entire petal area white.  After that dried I painted the leaves using the same colors with a bit more pigment.  next I painted the yellow areas under the petals.  These are the first passes and they are very light so far.

Worked on this upright, wet-on-dry.  I started at the top, avoided the snow areas and the ornaments, and worked down.  After this dried I painted the red ornaments and added red reflections.  After that was dry I painted the branches and the blue/silver ornament.  Everything is light so far.