10/12/16

NCBG IEW October, 2016

Wet-on-wet.  I glazed the upper left dark with yellow.  T started working on the leaves.  I did a wet-on-wet pass on 2 leaves on the right.  I did a wet-on-dry pass to 2 leaves on the left.  I worked on the petals a little as well.

Wet-on-dry upright painting.  Starting with yellow at the top and working down, using light warm and cool yellows, I pained the background and the flower leaving some white areas.  I allowed drips and a splattered a little.  After that was dry I used light blue (ultramarine) and painted blue in the background and over the leaves and stems and middle of the flower.  I avoided the flower petals.  After that was dry I used a red, still very light, to start shading the petals and the center of the flower.  The key for the first 3 or so passes is to keep it LIGHT.  I consider this my under painting.

Pouring.  For the first step I used masking fluid to mask all the white and really light areas.  I mixed a red and a yellow.  I sprayed the paper with a spray bottle.  I poured the paint and sprayed a little as I poured.  This is a VERY light layer.  I will mask a few more areas before the next pour.