10/24/16

NCBG IEW October, 2016

I demonstrated the magic eraser on the bottom right (and then glazed with yellow).  I demonstrated white gouache on the seed pod.  I reestablished the light areas with gouache and then glazed those with yellow.

I started painting after removing the masking.  I am using the same colors that I used for pouring rather than the colors in the photo.  You can use a black and white photo to work from in order to focus on the values.  Remember to make decisions based on your painting rather than basing them on the photo at a certain point in the process.

First I painted a light wash of the background color to reestablish my subject matter (it was hard to see).  They I mixed an orange and started painting the mushroom.  I started painting the gills.  I painted some of the lines and then messed then up a bit in a few places so they would not look too uniform.I painted some orange in the background to help ground the mushroom.  I also grounded it by darkening the base a little.  This is at the very beginning.  It needs more darks and details.