8/28/14

Scratchboard and Pen & Ink (August 2014)I


I did a bit more work on the neck before class

I did a bit more removal on the neck.  I then mixed some color (scratchboard ink magenta and yellow and water).  I added color to the neck ans beak.  It needs more highlights scratched out.  The color is uneven from head to neck due to a glare while taking the photo.

Pen and ink bee - I did a bit more ink before class.

I did a bit of work before class and during class on the flower areas especially.  LOTS more to do.

I did this before class.  Scratched out a petal, a highlight on the branch, and used the steel wool to add texture to the background.  I then colored the background with the ink (blue, green, yellow).  There is a glare upper right.

I demonstrated the background during class.  I scratched the background with steel wool and then colored it with ink (green blue, yellow).  There is a glare bottom left.

I did an ink wash and then some pointillism.  I wet and washed ink on the background.  After it was dry I added ink to the shadows on the flower and stem. I then used a micron pen to start adding details with pointillism.