8/15/14

BAL Class (August 2014)

Acrylic.  I added more white paying attention to the values.

I added a bit more white and worked on the nose and eye paying attention to values and details.  The black in front of the face is to show how much a dark will accentuate the cat.  On the eye I used canary yellow, white, black,  true blue (tiny bit) and crimson red.  On the nose so far I have used black, crimson red, and white.

Watercolor.  I worked on the dark spot, the ear, and started the eye.  I mixed the dark with indigo, azo yellow, and alizarin.  The ear is alizarin and azo yellow.

Acrylic.  I started adding highlights and shadows.  The highlights are a mixture of white and a little red and yellow,  The shadows are red and black.

I added more red to the flower and background at home.  I started to add highlights with cream (could also use white).

Colored pencil.  I added more highlights and shadows to the flower and more green to the background.  I started to add more leaves and stems and added some yellow.  The part to the left is the start of camouflaging the green paint drops.  

Watercolor.  I added another layer of rubber cement and paint.  I dampened the flower area and started adding alizarin paying attention to the lights and darks.