9/2/14

BAL Class (August 2014)

Acrylic on canvas panel.  The cat looks a bit psycho and the red shows up too much in the photo (not in person).  But this had potential.  It needs more work of course, this is one that has not gone smoothly, it happens.

It is a bit improved.  I will continue to add the hair textures in white as it needs much more white.  I will continue to add details and adjust values.  The red shows up even more in the photo (no more was added).

Colored pencil on gray mat board.  This one needs a lot of work in the background (although some of the stuff you see is not actually on the original).   I have a bit more work with detail and value adjustments. 

Watercolor.  This is close to finished but needs a bit more detail work and value adjustments.  But it's close.

Acrylic on canvas panel.  I worked on the flower a bit, adjusting values.

I added more highlights and shadows as well as started adding leaves to the background.  

Colored pencil on gray paper.  This has a lot of work left.  I melted the background a bit behind the top part of the flower.  I started adding leaves.  Needs details, background, and values.

Watercolor.  I started organizing and darkening the background.

I have added some highlights to the flower )scrubbing in one section, white gouache on the other).  I have organized a few more leaf shapes.  I will do more of the same until it looks complete.

Acrylic on paper.  I finished the brown value painting on his shirt and added some color to make his skin on his face.

The photo is a bit too white.  I added more skin color, added red to his hat.  I added red to make a pattern on his shirt.  I added green to the background.  I will continue adjusting values and adding details.

Colored pencil.  I finished the brown value study.  I added red to his hat, color to his skin.  Ans started adding a bit of blue to his hair and shirt.  I will continue layering colors, adjusting values, and adding details as I go.

Watercolor.  I finished the brown value under painting.  

I added red to his hat, color to his skin, and blue to his shirt.  I will add details and continue adjusting values.