8/25/14

Mixed Media Sertoma (August 2014)

Colored pencil over watercolor.  On this I showed how to apply and then 'melt' the colored pencil.  I used Goo Gone, but rubbing alcohol, Turpenoid, Gamsol, Bestine, and several others things will work on Prismacolor colored pencils to melt the wax.  I did this as the background was entirely too distracting.  I am still working on the background some.  I worked on the stem, the petals, and the middle of the flower adding detail and value.

Watercolor and gouache so far.  I added white gouache to the petal to lighten before adding other mediums.  I plan to use gouache on all the petals.

Colored pencil over watercolor.  This is an example from another class

Colored pencil and ink over watercolor.  I worked on the hat adding highlights, shadows, color, and details.  It needs a bit more work.