3/26/21

Zoom Watercolor Pencil Class, March 2021

With the watercolor pencil method I use most often, this is the underpainting part of the process.  After the underpainting is completed I work either completely dry or mostly dry.  Every so often during the dry process I may wet an area to make changes or repairs.

But the process can be continued wet for those who prefer.  Remember, this is new to most of you and there is always a learning curve to all art mediums.  And the only way through the learning curve is lots of practice.




This is about 90-95% complete.  I worked mostly dry using the same colors as the underpainting.  From here forward I will most look at the piece and as needed add textures and details, make corrections, and adjust value and color.  The end 10% takes the longest as it is stretched over time with most of the process made up of looking at the piece.