3/11/21

Zoom Watercolor Pencil Class, March 2021

This is a color swatch and some mixtures that I sometimes do before starting a project.  I don't have to do these as often as I used to due to the familiarity I have with the color palettes I use in the mediums in which I work.  Watercolor pencil is a relatively newer medium so I still do these for some projects in watercolor pencil.

I am using Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils from the set of 24.

Cherries Palette:
For the cherries I will start with Magenta (133).   If you have another brand of watercolor pencils choose the closest you can come to magenta ( a cool/purple red or a reddish purple).  Other brand's names might be Mulberry, Deep Rose, Fushsia, Purplish Red.  

I will use Pale Geranium Lake (121) next.  If you have another brand choose the closest you can come to this red.  Other brand's names might be Carmine, Geranium Lake, Raspberry Red.

Then I will use Dark Red (225).  This red looks like a red such as magenta with a little green or black added.  You could use any dark red that your set has.

In the fourth step I will use Black (199).


Stem Palette:
For the stem I will start with Light Yellow Glaze (104), a cool/greenish yellow. Other brand's names might be Zinc Yellow, Pale Yellow, Lemon Yellow
And Dark Chrome Yellow (109), a warm/orange yellow. Other brand's names might be Orange Chrome, Deep Chrome, Dark Yellow, Saffron, Sicilian Yellow.
Also used on the stem are Burnt Ochre (187), Black (199), and Light Green (171)  Light Green Is a yellow green.  Burnt Ochre is a yellow-orange brown.  Other brand's names might be Sienna Brown, Cinnamon.