3/2/21

Zoom Demo Zebra. This is the early process after wetting the applied watercolor pencil. 

I started adding a background and added some dry watercolor pencil on the neck and mane behind the ear.


I finished the background with the watercolor technique called sanding.  I demonstrated the main, muzzle, ear, fur, and stripes adding texture and value.  I also started adding the form shadows to add the structure of the zebra.


Added more color and highlights.

Continuing to refine.

This is the the stripe of watercolor pencil that was wet and then allowed to dry.  I then demonstrated, lifting with a damp brush and paper towel, erasing with a Tombow Mono Zero eraser, a pencil top eraser, and a battery operated eraser.  I showed adding the white pencil dry as well as painted on (like white gouache). I demonstrated adding color over the white.  This is to show you how to fix things and that changes can be to value and color from dark to light.