11/22/19

Art & Ale Colored Pencil October and November, 2019

Colored pencil on Grafix Dura-Lar Matte paper.  The color side with a white background.  After erasing the original traced pencil lines, I started adding layers of color, usually starting with the yellows, then orange, then red, and then brown for the darker beer.  I used canary yellow, spanish orange, cadmium orange hue or pale vermilion, crimson red or scarlet lake, dark brown or dark umber and white.  The lighter beers have the yellow, orange and red.  The darked beer has the addition of brown.  I used canary yellow and burnt ocher for the wood part, I shaded both with more of the brown in the shadows and on the wood grain.  I have more to do, but this shows some from each area.


Colored pencil on Grafix Dura-Lar Matte paper.  The color side with a black background.  This is so you can see the white pencil.  I usually put the white pencil on the black and white side and sometimes on both sides.


Colored pencil on Grafix Dura-Lar Matte paper.  The black and white side with a white background.


Colored pencil on Grafix Dura-Lar Matte paper.  The black and white side with a black background.