10/24/19

DAC CP October, 2019

I started adding peacock blue )green blue) to the left side eye.  I shaded in the peacock blue, carefully, as well as a little scarlet lake (warm red). We will work on her more in the next class.

I worked on the shading of the grapes, the stem, and the background.  I shaded more color and value on the purple and green grapes and then went over each grape with white to smooth and blend the color and value.  Then I went back in with the same colors to add another layer of color and reestablish the values. I also use the stump to blend and smooth the layers.

I worked on adding a background to the bottom.  Backgrounds can add interest and depth and help to clean up edges.  Typically I use colors from the subject in my backgrounds.  I do sometimes add other color, but I do so carefully and thoughtfully. When I change from one color to another I overlap the colors and blend them together to make smooth transitions.