10/17/19

DAC CP October, 2019

Step one of the color mixing process.  I usually start with yellow.  I used my cool yellow  on the scarf.  My cool yellow is yellow chartreuse - lemon yellow will work and canary yellow will work if it's all you have.  I used my warm yellow on the face skipping the lightest parts.  My warm yellow is spanish orange - yellow ochre or goldenrod will work and canary yellow will work if it's all you have.  I did use a clean stump to smooth the layers.
This photo was taken in class under poor lighting with a cell phone so the colors and values are not correct.

Step two in the process is on the skin with a red.  I used mostly warm red and went over the warm yellow paying attention to values.  My warm red is scarlet lake - crimson red or permanent red will work. I added a little cool red in some cooler shadow areas.  My cool red is pomegranate - crimson lake will work.   I used a clean sump to smooth the layers. 
This photo was taken in class under poor lighting with a cell phone so the colors and values are not correct.

I used peacock blue next and started working on the scarf (the first layer is not completed).  I paid attention to values and used a scribbly pencil stroke along with a little smooth as well.