10/17/19

BAL CP and MM, October 2019

I worked on the tongue.  I did a layer of peach first and then used white and some pomegranate, lightly.  I also used some scarlet lake and more peach and white.  In the shadow I used pomegranate and black grape and smoothed it with white and then used black, lightly for the shadow. I often do layers alternating color (1-3 layers of color) and white.  The amount of alternating layers varies depending on what I am trying to do and how it's looking.  The white blends the color.  I used ink on the moth, the gums.  i then used whit ink on the whitest highlights.  Then I used white, black, terra cotta, and burnt ochre pencil.  Still working on the edges of the smile, it needs to be lightened and textured to look like fur (rather then the joker from batman). I added a little more light and dark to areas of the face and ear -using white, burnt ochre, dark brown and black mostly.  I worked on the muzzle with a lot of white and some black, pomegranate (lightly and carefully), peach, and true blue.

I used mostly scarlet lake and a little pomegranate.  I used a little brown ochre and terra cotta and scarlet lake on the neck.  I used spanish orange in the eyes.  I shaded it in and then melted it with rubbing alcohol and a brush.  

I used black and started adding feathers with a curved line pencil stroke going in the direction of the feathers.  I used some scarlet lake on the eye to shade it more orange and then blended with white and then added a shadow with scarlet lake.  I used black for the pupil.  I used scarlet lake, pomegranate and black grape (indigo with work) on the comb to shade the dark area.  I used a scribbly stroke to make texture.  I started adding scribbly scarlet lake to the red face areas.  I used spanish orange, then brown ochre and then white and then more brown ochre and some dark brown on the tip of the beak.  I started shaping the beak.