8/28/18

Sertoma CW ASO 2018

The first step was to wet the blank paper with a spray bottle and pour a warm yellow and a cool red, moving the paper to get the color moving.  I dropped in a little blue as well.  You could also wet the paper and drop in the colors and move the paper around to get the colors moving.  I let the poured painting dry dry.  Then I transferred the drawing.  You can see the poured color in the mushrooms.  Then used the warm yellow and cool red that I poured with for the background that I painted.  I painted wet on dry, but if you are afraid you will get hard lines, wet the areas in the background and drop in the colors.  In a few areas I have also dropped in a little blue.  This photo was taken in class with my phone, so the color and values are not quite correct.

The next step was to paint the inside of the mushroom.  I mixed the warm yellow and cool red I used for pouring together.  I started painting under the mushroom caps with this color and added some red to add a little dark as well. I will demonstrate this again next class and take it further as well. 

I transferred the drawing first.  I wet the paper and dropped in color.  I used phthalo blue with touches of ultramarine blue.  It was a tiny bit more color than shown here.  This photo was taken in the class with the cell phone.

I used a green I mixed phthalo blue (green blue) and quin. gold (warm yellow).  You can add the green to the background either wet on dry or you can add it wet on wet (wet the background and drop the color into it).  Next I used the yellow and red mixtures from the pouring to add the red and yellow areas to the birds faces, wings and a little in the background (added while it was wet).