8/16/18

NCBG ICP August 2018

Value under drawing using a solvent (I used rubbing alcohol). This is a combination of two ways to melt with a solvent - 1. shaded true blue on the paper and then melted on the paper, 2. grated true blue with a small strainer and melted it in a jar lid, painted the color on with a brush.  The color other than blue on the paper is lighting as the picture was taken with a cell phone in the classroom.

This is the second pass of the under drawing.  I melted black grape and olive green and painted and splattered it on the background.  I have more work to do on the background.  I shaded yellow chartreuse and terra cotta on the branches and flowers and melted them with the solvent.  Still have some more to do.  Next class I will start adding the colored pencil over the under drawing.