5/15/18

DAC Mixed Media April & May 2018

I added a stem.  I used white, yellow chartreuse, grass green, crimson red and white.

I added the main shadows and worked on the parts of the head.  Still more to do, but it's getting there.

This is the first part - adding white to a dark background. I add it using the side of the pencil and not a lot of pressure.  I then layer the white and work on getting gradations.  The eyes on this are off and need correcting. 

I used tracing paper and traced the drawing and placed it over the eyes and transferred again which allowed me to see what was needed.  I put the nose in to be able to get the proper placement.  This is something i do every so often when I realize I have not followed the drawing well while shading.

This is where I am after correcting the eyes and shading a bit more.  Remember - this is all about the lights and darks - the values (values, values, values).  Work hard on the values as this will really help you.