5/10/18

Art&Ale Acrylic May 2018



I added yellow to the white petals and some darker green to the leaves and an orange grown to the middle of the flower.  I added some dark to the hummingbird and then some green.  I added black to the yellow bird and then yellow.  I added orange to the beak and highlights on the beak, around the eye and on the eye.  I shaded the petals a little with the orange brown.  There is quite a lot of value work and some detail work still to be done, but the foundation is there.  

I fixed some of the areas that would not take paint last week.  I meant to mix a grey blue and a grey but made a brownish color instead (oopss).  I plan to add yellow so we'll see if that will do enough
to unify.  I have a little more lights and darks to add.  To make water and glass (and metal too) - it's all about the light and dark patterns and a combination of soft and hard edges.  Study the values in the photos and try to copy as that will hopefully help you understand.