9/20/17

Sertoma Continuing Watercolor September and October 2017

I worked more on the yellow pepper.  It still needs shadows, especially at the bottom and where the stem attaches.  All the peppers need shadows and more detail.  Added some yellow orange to the red pepper to give it some warmth.

I added color and texture to the feathers.  I started working on the comb and wattle, adding some darks.  Need to work on the eye and beak.

This is a wet-on-dry watercolor painting done upright on an easel.  I started with a yellow, blue, and red - all very watered down.  I focused on the skin pulling the color out into the background.  I allowed drips.  During the second pass I mixed a skin color (quin. rose and aureolin yellow and quin. gold).  I then painted the skin paying attention to darks and lights.  The third pass focused on adding some of the darks.  I used a mixed brown as it is the safest.  Color can be used as well for those who want to be more adventurous.  I also added some blue (ultramarine) to the front of the face and blended it out and encouraged a drip.  I put some blue behind his head as well to balance it.  I focused on the area on the front of the face below the hat and above the chin for demonstration/time purposes.