9/14/17

Sertoma Continuing Watercolor September and October 2017

This is from last week

I started adding shadows with both dark color and the complimentary color.  I added a few details and some color with glazing.  I will continue next week adding details and shadows.  I added the shadows underneath with a dark mixed with primaries - a purple blue, a warm red and a touch of warm yellow (indanthrone blue, pyrrol scarlet, quin. gold).  I added a touch of the color of the pepper into the shadow while it was wet, you could also let the shadow dry and glaze the color into the shadow. 

This is from last week.

I started this with a dark that I mixed using 3 primaries - a purple blue, a warm red and a touch of warm yellow (indanthrone blue, pyrrol scarlet, quin. gold).  I did not wet the paper although you could dampen it if you were afraid of going to slow. While the dark was still wet I used a damp brush (not a wet brush) to add the feather texture.  I removed the masking.  I painted the red parts (comb, wattle, ear, ear lobe, eye ring, part of the beak).  I used small table salt for the texture.  I painted it in sections.  For salt -  wet the area, add paint, and when it's still shiny but not puddles add the salt.  Then I started glazing colors into the dark all over the rooster.  I used yellow,  yellow and red together, green, and a blue purple in some areas (I put down the yellow and dropped in some red).  It still needs work which I plan to do next class.